jessysbookends

Victoria Foyt
Mansfield Park
Jane Austen

A Tale of Two Daddies

A Tale of Two Daddies - Vanita Oelschlager The child in the story comes from a family where she has two dads to take care of her. She finds herself in a spot where one of her peers is curious and asks her about her life with two father figures. Her friends asks her simple questions which she answers directly and in a simple way. This kid is curious about his friend who lives in a home with a different family composition. She explains to him the activities they share.

A truly lovely story. This girl shows individuality and maturity. I like the way she answers every question her friend asks her. Any children reading this can learn about how family have diverse circumstances and compositions. The story shows how the idea of family as a concept has evolved into something completely different during the years. It is a great tool for kids learning about interpersonal interactions, family love and community.

The art is cute with lovely colors. One of my favorite things about the book is the explanation about the creating process. Love how the drawings are first created in pencil.

I recommend this title for Preschoolers and up.

Source: Netgalley for honest review.