jessysbookends

Adapting Eden
Victoria Foyt
Mansfield Park
Jane Austen

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)

The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan I had review this book some time ago, and for some reason I just forgot to added it. The Lightning Thief is the first book of Percy Jackson and The Olympians series.
Percy is a young boy trying to find his way in the world while discovering his best friend is a satyr and his father is a god. When he discovers his true nature everything changes for Percy. He embarks in a difficult quest to stop war and redeem himself after been wrongly accused of thievery. The quest becomes a metamorphosis for Percy; he discovers a new inner force, new abilities and affinities, stronger friendships and finds a new kind of empowerment to change his life and his mother’s. At the end of this hero’s quest we find a different Percy. His experiences have changed him but also all those around him.
This young adult fantasy draws from Greek mythology in an innovative way. It proofs an excellent choice for readers of all ages. Riordan made a great job creating this world of adventure for Percy. The book is surprising, entertaining and well written. We will see what else brings this hero’s saga.