jessysbookends

Victoria Foyt
Mansfield Park
Jane Austen

Emily the Strange: The Lost Days

The Lost Days - Rob Reger, Jessica Gruner, Buzz Parker If you want to know more go to: http://www.jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/01/emily-strange-lost-days.html

The Lost Days is a fantastic book by Rob Reger and Jessica Gruner. I began reading it and it captured my interest from the beginning. The story is about a girl who finds herself with amnesia in a town called Blackrock. She doesn't know who she is or where she belongs but makes a home of Blackrock while investigating with four cats. She makes friends and on this place she will find who she is and where she comes from. She is a really independent girl, she has drive and is clever, traits crucial in the development of the story.

The author uses journal/diary entries as a way to let the girl explain the reader her conclusions and whereabouts. The pages have artwork intertwined with the journal entries. Sometimes we can find letters, notes and anything she finds useful to keep for future reference. All this makes the book dynamic.

The girl is an interesting character. She is an unusual heroine and that sets her apart.

If you want to know who she is grab this book!