jessysbookends

Victoria Foyt
Mansfield Park
Jane Austen

Lester's Dreadful Sweaters

Lester's Dreadful Sweaters - K.G. Campbell All the dreadful sweaters of the world had to be worn by poor Lester! But why? The family receives Cousin Clara into their home. She occupies her time knitting, one day making a new sweater for Lester. Truly a one of a kind sweater, but not of Lester's liking. Quick to end his social embarrasment due to wearing the sweater to school,he destroys it. Clara keeps knitting and for each one he destroys, she knits a new one. What to do? Lester needs to decide to wear Clara's "avantgarde" creations or find a way to help himself by excluding those sweaters from his wardobe.

The first thing that had my attention was the art. Colors are well utilized and the character design is well done. Story and illustrations are both quirky elements in this storybook. The story is peculiar and ingenious. The author developed simple situations into something with a little dose of weird.
Lester is an interesting character. In just a few pages we can see he is full of idiosincracies.

Overall, this storybook is different, fun and full of originality. I recommend this book to kids from primary school.

source: Publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.