jessysbookends

Adapting Eden
Victoria Foyt
Mansfield Park
Jane Austen

Pushing the Limits (Harlequin Teen)

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry *Source: Provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

Pushing The Limits offered me a reading experience full of ups and downs. Although I find the story a little clich├ęd and predictable, I can say I truly liked reading this. Noah and Echo are the main characters. They play supporting roles for each other. At first, the story is about Echo, and Noah is just part of her story. At some point in the book it became Noah's story.

The characters are well developed. It is tangible the attention the author put into creating Noah. He is the more complete and the one who shows more change. Echo becomes interesting as the book progresses.

The book formula can be predictable: the good girl is the tutor for the bad guy. What makes the story engaging is the sudden injection of surprise their individual circumstances offer. Noah's story is more complicated. He wants to be an adult to take care of his family and to achieve this, he has to change a great deal. He is a character you sometimes hate and sometimes you can help but love. By the other hand, Echo suffered a traumatic experience. Each day offers Echo an opportunity to remember the events, which helps readers to understand this character.

Overall, it is a good story. I consider the ending to be a fulfilling one. It is promising and optimistic for Echo and Noah. I recommend this book for NA and YA readers.